Old April 2nd 05, 03:58 AM

Default Still looking for sensible, neat looking, comfortable bicycle touring shorts

Every year or so I post this query, looking for neat, trim fitting (but =
not
tight) biking shorts. I'd like them to look like hiking shorts,
tan-colored, with front and rear pockets. Would also like chamois or
ultra-suede-like crotch with little or no padding. No long tight black
lycra or baggy double shelled - these just don't make sense to me.

Nike used to make some touring shorts like the ones I described above but
the ones I had are long gone. My wife has converted some Sportif =
(cotton,
poly, spandex) hiking shorts, using crotch pads that Performance Bicycle
used market but I don't see these available from Performance any more. =
guess we could use an old crotch pad as a pattern.

If anyone can recommend some biking shorts like I've described or a good
source for ready-made crotch pads I'd appreciate it.

TIA

LB=20