Old April 2nd 05, 07:17 AM

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 03:57:50 GMT, "Gooserider"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Every year or so I post this query, looking for neat, trim fitting (but =

not
tight) biking shorts. I'd like them to look like hiking shorts,
tan-colored, with front and rear pockets. Would also like chamois or
ultra-suede-like crotch with little or no padding. No long tight black
lycra or baggy double shelled - these just don't make sense to me.

Nike used to make some touring shorts like the ones I described above =

but
the ones I had are long gone. My wife has converted some Sportif =

(cotton,
poly, spandex) hiking shorts, using crotch pads that Performance Bicycle
used market but I don't see these available from Performance any more. =

guess we could use an old crotch pad as a pattern.

If anyone can recommend some biking shorts like I've described or a good
source for ready-made crotch pads I'd appreciate it.

TIA

Primal Wear makes them. Performance usually carries em, but you can =

check
Primal Wear's website. Also, Performance has these:

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...&subcategory_=

ID=3D1122#

Thanks for the reply. But I guess I wasn't clear or complete about the
kind of shorts I'm looking for - comfortable, casual, for road bicycle
touring. Here's a better description:

1. trim fitting - not baggy or tight
2. inseam length medium - say 7-8 inches
3. stretchy, comfortable
4. light colored - prefer tan or khaki
5. pockets front and rear
6. built in crotch of chamois or ultra-suede - little or no padding=20

No off road baggy/shell types or tight black lycra.

I don't think these exist any more but would sure like to hear if they =
do!

Am I really the only one looking for shorts like these???

LB