Old July 31st 20, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Adjusting brakes

On 30/07/2020 16.41, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/30/2020 11:22 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/30/2020 10:02 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 6:53:26 AM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:

If they need to adjust it, never, ever, take it back.

What you are saying is that you do not know anything about truing a
wheel. So your advice is questionable to say the least. Riding a
bike, especially those with carbon wheels, beds the spoke nipples,
also spoke tension bends the rim differently on a stand than on the
road under the jarring of the potholes and bad roads and almost
always requires a minor straightening after a hundred miles or so

That's ridiculous.
If we had to ship new wheels back here and then out again we'd be out
of business.

Mr Tosspot had it exactly right that rework means it wasn't built well
to start.

I can remember having to re-true wheels in my very early days of wheel
building. Then I discovered pre-stressing the spokes, or stress
relieving them, as Jobst called it. It made a huge difference.

Exactly, I was the same, but I'm a ham-fisted amateur and even I can
build a true wheel that even in less than normal use stays true. A
tensiometer, care and a bit of practice, you can build a good wheel in
under an hour if you clear the decks, get it all set up, and a good mug
of Earl Grey on hand.