Old February 12th 04, 05:34 AM
DilusionNews

Default Buying a used bike...a few questions.

if you're in ottawa... i got a sweet full suspension you could think
about......
http://ogivar.no-ip.com/dilusion/FSR/

in my opinion full suspension is the way to go... i started on my brother's
hard tail... and i couldn't do half the stuff my buddies were doing..... so
i bought this bike...

now i've upgraded and bought a brand new bike...

g'luck

dilusion

wrote in message
Well this will be my first Mountain Bike in years and it will be my first

serious mountain bike.
I'm currently looking in the sub $1000cad level and most likely will buy

something around
2 years old since I will end up with a better bike for cheaper.

What should I look for when buying used? (I'm trying to find bikes with

little wear like from people
that bought a nice bike and then lost interest).

Would it be better to buy a lower end frame with high end components that

might be slightly
more used or something with a better frame and a mix of components mostly

lower mid
range.

I am mostly looking at hardtails since they are more in my price range

such as the 2001 Norco
Sasquatch and some others but I also found a 2001 Kona Manomano for a

really good price.
I don't think I need FS, it would be more of a luxury item since I will be

doing more onroad
riding at first until I find some people to ride with.

Thanks for any help.