Old September 2nd 03, 08:44 PM
MattB

Default Biking Colorado in september

"Gordo" wrote in message
snip stuff I don't know a lot about

Next I was thinking of heading down the Gunnison and doing Hartman rocks

and
then heading up to cretsted butte - any suggestions as to the best rides
here already have 401 down as a must do..

If you like I'll show you around Hartman's (assuming I'm available). There's
maps, but nothing beats a tour for finding ways to make differents routes
flow into one another. I've been riding there for about 14 Years and know it
fairly well these days.

I know of a few other rides I'd consider "pretty nice" as well. If you got a
little altitude acclimation under your belt by then I could probably show
you a thing or two you may not find in the guidebooks. That's a great time
of year to be riding around these parts. 401 is probably a must-do for the
area. It's a great trail but also pretty popular.

There's lots of places to stay around here ranging from camping or a hostel
to fancy hotels. Sounds like you want a condo - in Gunnison or CB? If you
find a place that fits your price range, I could give you the lowdown. I
haven't stayed many places here except my house.

Then I though we could go down to Durango where it will be a bit warmer ?

,
going to mesa verda as a trip- any suggestions as to the best rides here ?

Craig B?

Then back to Denver via sand dunes, and Colorado springs

So have I missed anything or is there a better route I could be doing -

also
any recommendations as to motels/hotels/condos to stay at would be great

Thanks in advance

Gordo