Old March 23rd 17, 12:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights for Bicycles.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 01:52:19 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:31:03 +0700, John B.
wrote:

The 4D Maglite was all that I had available at the time. I would
probably have used a 6D Maglite, but all of mine need some work.
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/maglites.jpg
I'll probably end up donating these to a local thrift shop. There
were several large Maglites at their store available for sale for $6
and $8 that sat around without buyers for about 2 months. I got the
clue. Nobody wants them, even with the LED bulb conversion.

Not on a 3 or 4 thousand dollar, super light, carbon bicycle anyway
:-)

I was wondering if anyone made a carbon fiber (CF) bicycle light for
such machines:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=carbon+fiber+bicycle+light
Apparently, nobody does. So, I asked myself why not? My best
guess(tm) is that CF bicycle riders are into saving every milligram of
weight. The added weight of ANY bicycle light or similar accessory,
would be seen as heresy by those practicing the religion of building
and riding ultra-light bicycles.

You are getting into the realm of the Weight Weenies. The weight
everything and then drill holes in it crowd. Funny thing it was nearly
a religion and now they tell you that just because your wheels are
heavier then ever if they are streamlined they say they are better.

Drivel:
2AM and still waiting for my Samsung S6 phone to reload everything
from cloud after a failed update to 6.0.1. I can barely think, but
that won't stop me from writing.

I just bought a new phone, Samsung J2 with 6.0.1. I do not find the
latest Android to be that wonderful. they seem to have stream-lined it
to the point that you can't accomplish what you want to do.

I usually backup my "contacts" list to my gmail account. With 6.0 I
can't figure out how that is done and if you disable the Facebook App
the phone stops working :-( When you try to turn it on it pops up a
warning "Facebook has stopped" and goes no further.

It demonstrates the deterioration of modern America. Kids used to be
able to buy a "Chemistry Set" that contained enough stuff to make
nitro glycerin. Now you can't buy a telephone that you can control :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.