Old August 29th 19, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Rolling Resistence

On 8/28/2019 12:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 9:22:23 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Seems to me if you want to get a handle on the rolling resistance of your
various tires, you might find a hill with a long, gentle slope and keep track
of speed results when coasting down it.

I've done just a little of that. One thing it taught me was that it's harder
than it seems to gauge rolling resistance just by "feel."

- Frank Krygowski

Rolling test aren't accurate either because humidity, pressure and wind make a far larger contribution than rolling resistance. The only practical way is either pure feel or to make a testing machine which I do not feel like doing.

That's an odd position to take - that rolling resistance tests are
invalidated by various random factors, but that your "pure feel" is
bound to be correct.

The only advantage I see to your "pure feel" method is this: What you
think you "feel" may continue to make you happy. It's a psychological
benefit, not a hard scientific one.

--
- Frank Krygowski