Old September 4th 19, 11:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Global MHL cabal seek to discredit cycling health benefit to risk ratio

On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 10:52:46 AM UTC+1, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 5:42:06 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 7:06:38 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 4, 2019 at 1:46:48 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/3/2019 6:29 PM, James wrote:
The authors are part of a cabal that wish all countries to
have MHL for all cyclists. Recently they have published
papers that, in their minds, prove the MHL introduction in
Australia did _not_ result in far fewer people cycling, and
then based on that work, in a follow up paper showed that
assuming the same number of people were cycling after MHLs
introduction, some calculated number of people were saved
based on fatalities before & after.

Now they wish to discredit prior works that claim regular
cycling health benefits outweigh risks. They will stop at
nothing to further marginalise healthy and benign active
transport.

https://psyarxiv.com/h5uxg

Meanwhile there is an org calling for pedestrians to be
forced to wear hi vis.

http://www.3aw.com.au/pedestrian-dea...while-walking/

Where will it end?

The trend is clear.

Something more like China than actual civilization, a
situation in which The State will either allow (with
permit, license or baksheesh) or ban every human thought and
action. Specifically permitted and proscribed thoughts and
actions will change or reverse status every so often,
whenever a purge is desired.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Nah, they'll kill you before they actually reach total control of your life by other means. The control freaks have become impatient. Euthanasia, which used to be by choice only, and only in cases where there was no cure for some incredibly painful disease, has now become by the convenience of the administrative state. And I'm not talking about China killing political prisoners to harvest their organs. I'm talking about Canada, just up the road from you, where they euthanised Sean Tagert as the easiest bureaucratic option. They came to tell him his health funding was cut, refused to speak to him when they realised he was taping the conversation, and left the assisted suicide paperwork with his mother.

Well, he could always do the US thing -- blow through his lifetime insurance benefit, declare medical bankruptcy, go on Medicaid and die of bedsores in some decrepit long-term care facility. If I had ALS, I'd get my affairs in order and take the pills while I could still swallow.

-- Jay Beattie.

Must be awful being rigged up to a spittle-suction machine, which is apparently only one of the indignities caused by Lou Gehrig's Disease.

AJ

I saw this last year but thought it was too over the top to be true:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...cide-children/

AJ