Old May 25th 18, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Default randonneur

Duane wrote:
On 25/05/2018 8:08 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

A friend of mine has a Bianchi Volpe and likes it
very much. Disclaimer: She's not an expert cyclist.

Good! Because it is just a bike. Perhaps she is good
at something else instead.

On the Fuji bike, can one get a rack for the
front/front sides (2 or 3 bags), as well, and a pair
of them vertical/horizontal extentions (?) to the
brake levers so one can get to them (the brakes) from
other hand positions?

Tires only 32 tho. That's too thin IMO.

You are really looking for a loaded touring bike then. The Volpe is
what used to be called a Sports Touring bike. Probably closer to what
someone would use to do brevets. Mine was a 90s model but even then I'm
not sure tires much bigger than 32 would fit. No idea what the current
models are like.

Sounds like he wants my bike. Surly Long Haul Trucker. Front and rear racks
and fenders. Dynamo hub and lights. Cross levers so you can brake while
upright. Long wheelbase so your shoes don't clip your panniers. CroMo
frame. 36 spoke wheels. Mountain gearing for long hills while carrying 50
lbs of baggage. 3 water bottle mounts on the frame. Blah, blah, blah...