Old October 10th 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Harry Brogan[_7_]

Default Going to be my latest purchase.

Trekking bars is definitely an idea I had not thought of. I'll look
into that tomorrow when I go to pick the bike up and take it on it's
first ride out of the shop.

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 17:06:06 -0700 (PDT), landotter
wrote:

On Oct 9, 4:08*pm, James wrote:
Harry Brogan wrote:
I'll be heading down to pick bike up the first of the week. *I was
wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this ride or if
some people had any suggestions as to what additions might be needed.

I mean suggestions besides the usual lighting and safety suggestions.

THANKS GUYS!!!!! *((and Gals))
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes.../transport/tra...

Lights, if you want to ride at night or in poor weather.

Pump, tool kit, spare inner tubes and/or puncture repair kit.

I like shoes designed for riding, so clipless pedals. *Probably double
sided SPD, or SPD one side and platform the other. *It's a personal
preference decision.

Again with the personal preference, I'd want handle bars that offer
various hand positions. *Drop bars are the ticket. *Fitting the controls
from that bike to drop bars might prove a challenge.

Trekking bars offer tons of hand positions and use strong and
inexpensive mtb components. Using drop bars on utility bikes is a
strange affectation.