Old August 26th 19, 12:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default WTB Suntour CYCLONE BB Spindle

On 8/25/2019 5:21 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, August 25, 2019 at 7:23:59 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/24/2019 10:33 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 3:49:44 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

The bike I want the Suntour Cyclone spindle is one I'm building up with the original groupset it had when new. I do NOT want a cartridge bottom bracket assembly for it.

Our 1986 Cannondale touring bikes came with SunTour Superbe sealed bottom
brackets. Mine lasted about 25 years. My wife's has less mileage, and is still
fine.

But I understand your desire to duplicate the original.

- Frank Krygowski

I'm happy that you are happy.

But everything has a measurable failure rate:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/STBBRUST.JPG

I suppose he question is - how did that water get in there to begin with? Fording a stream deeper than the hubs?

Jobst repeatedly - sometimes with patience but usually not -
wrote here about the nature of wet seals. Either oil is
flowing out or everything else is flowing in. There is no magic.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/