Old September 16th 19, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Enough is enough

Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 6:46:12 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 1:39:41 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/09/2019 20:09, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 1:59:03 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/09/2019 00:39, Simon Jester wrote:

We have a great road network, unfortunately it is infested with
cars.

I suggest we stop issuing any more driving licences. New drivers
can put their name on a waiting list until a current licence
holder dies or surrenders their licence for medical reasons or
gets disqualified for criminal activity such as speeding.

Nice troll attempt.

A much better and fairer system would be a requirement for all
motor vehicles to be kept off the road at night when at or near
their registered keeper's (or other daily user's) addresses.

This would mean that streets would not not filled with nose to
tail parked cars and that all cars were off the road unless in
use away from home (a minimum distance of at least, say, five
miles would have to be used as the arbiter of whether the
vehicle was "at home" or not).

Anyone who could not or would not acquire and/or provide a
private parking (garage) space at their address could not keep a
motor vehicle there. End of story. And they would have to
provide as much space as was necessary for all the vehicles
registered there - or reduce their number, perhaps to zero.

Of course, since the system, like most administrative law, would
have to largely operate on trust, the penalty for breaching that
trust (eg, false declarations of address, etc) would have to be
severe, up to and including confiscation of the vehicle(s) and
disqualification from driving, as well as the more usual
penalties for deception, for anyone making, or being an
accessory to the making of, a false declaration for the purpose
of circumventing the law.

I like this idea in theory. The practical needs thinking about.

Let me slightly re-word the first two sentences of my third
paragraph:

"Anyone who could not or would not acquire and/or provide AND USE a
private parking (garage) space at OR NEAR their address could not
keep a motor vehicle there. End of story."

The important result would be no domestic garaging on the highway
and an end to concepts such as "residents-only parking". And a
market might develop in the renting out of defensible off-street
parking in residential areas where such things were either
non-existent or inadequate in number - garages in blocks, etc.

OK, I'll go along with that.

You are and always will be a ******.

Is there some point you are failing to make?
Nugent suggested this yet you are not calling him a ******.

Feel free to join the discussion.

How do feel about the apes parking their bicycles outside your Little
Dog's circus tent?

Mr Nugent has one more beaten you up. He always beats you up.
You really are a sad little **** all.