Old April 15th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jerry[_3_]

Default makeshift rim strip

what to do if I'm out on my bike and the rim strip breaks?

I've read about using newspaper. Does that actually work (if I could find
any)? What about using the old tube somehow, how do you get it to stay in
place? (The thought just struck me of using the glue in the repair kit, to
make a strip cut from an old tube into a continuous band.)

Anyhow, after taking care of a recent flat at home, the strip broke and that
is what has got me thinking about what can happen while out on a trail. Thanks.