Old April 16th 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
dabac[_190_]

Default makeshift rim strip

Jerry Wrote:
what to do if I'm out on my bike and the rim strip breaks?

Anyhow, after taking care of a recent flat at home, the strip broke and
that
is what has got me thinking about what can happen while out on a trail.
Thanks.

If you're running pressures comparable to what's used by the MTB crowd
2-3 layers of insulating/electrician's tape will do nicely, even on
double-walled rims and during summer heat(well, maybe not high noon and
desert conditions). For road-style pressures you need more layers,
colder climes, or something less stretchy.

--
dabac