Old December 2nd 12, 07:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default Bicycling and Divorce

On Friday, July 28, 2000 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Eleanor MacMaster wrote:
I would not say that cycling has been direct cause of divorce
in my case, but it has been a source of friction in various
relationships of various type. I acknowledge the reality that
in a relationship - especially one that involves children -- one
must work at fitting in at least some riding and that one must
meet one's responsibilities and obligations first. That being
said, I also think that it is short-sighted and foolish even to
attempt to stop the people one supposedly loves from doing
something that they love. In the end they will only resent for
you it. Someone who really care about the me that I most truly
am would never want me to stop doing something that I love so
much -- and, besides, is GOOD for me and helps keep me mentally
and physically fit.

One answer may be to ensure that one does not live with or
marry people who do not comprehend this. Even with children,
there are ways to work in at least a little riding -- I did,
through severals years of full time work and single parenthood.

Where there's a will...etc.,
--
"Biker Chick"

tracking you down....email me. nicoll