Old March 30th 14, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
news13

Default Oh, thank you, helmet zealots!

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:34:11 +0700, John B. wrote:

As an addendum to my above, don't women normally wear a hat, or other
head covering, when they enter a church? I seem to remember that it was
the practice at one time.

Yes along with white gloves.
Blokes also had to wear suit and tie.
Number dwindled, so tour church announced you could turn up in boiler
suit and numbers boomed, although the surfer got tutted by the
congregation. Then numbers dwindled again when they finally realised that
the promised kegger didn't happen until you went to heaven and a last
minute repentance would get you in anyway.

That was about four decades ago.