Old May 17th 14, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jakob Krieger

Default Lights Question: Blinking Best ?

- NFN Smith / Wed, 26 Feb 2014 18:49:42 +0100

I haven't seen studies, but from experience, I don't like blinking lights.

Yes, a blinking light is better at grabbing attention ...

My consent.

Blinking lights attrackt attention to the blinking light,
not to the bike carrying them.

Rechargeable batteries combined with reasonably constructed
LED circuicy (with currency limiting - there are ones on
sale that 'regulate' by short-circuiting via z-diode)
give light for 10 or 15 hours.

The blinking lights had been introduced to get higher
light output by over-feeding lower output LEDs, which
is not technical standard any more. Today's bright LEDs
use very little power.

jk

--
no sig