Old May 16th 12, 07:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Will it open on time

On Tue, 15 May 2012 23:40:38 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 15/05/2012 21:25, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
On 15/05/2012 20:49, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2012 17:05:01 +0100,
wrote:

On 15/05/2012 16:36, Bertie Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQJ_pMnO-GU#!

I said it would be open by 21 June. No one took me up on my offer of a
modest wager.

Time is running out...

Neat animation. Certainly as good as The Jetsons used to be, or Futurama.

Any word on when the real thing will be available?

TfL only say "summer 2012".
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/15959.aspx

This video was shot 4 days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0OHLF0FQDg
It looks ready to me.

Or the fare levels?

Anything greater than £0 would be unfair, as motorists can cross under
the river for free. Pedestrians and cyclists are banned from the
Blackwall Tunnel.

Motorists pay Road Tax so nothing is free.

And there is also the little matter of a minimum of about 8p a mile in other
taxes. And insurance premium tax.

The Emirates Air Line is 0.61 miles long. Rounded up to the nearest
penny, that would make a charge of 5p. Assuming the average car weighs
1000Kg and the average human 75Kg the charge should be 1p (rounded up
from 0.366p).