Old October 18th 18, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Driving rules could be about to change to give cyclists andpedestrians priority over cars,

On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 12:30:55 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
Motorists may be required to always give way to pedestrians and cyclists
when turning, under a shake-up of the Highway Code. The Department for
Transport is considering the measure to boost protection of vulnerable
road users going straight on at junctions. Road safety campaigners claim
the Highway Code is unclear about what drivers should do when turning.

How is this any different from the current HC.
As I have said before we need to change social attitudes toward road use.
We need to get rid of the notion that 'The roads are for cars.'