Old October 19th 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default those darned NYC cyclists again

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 08:27:19 -0000 (UTC), Tanguy Ortolo
wrote:

AMuzi, 2018-10-19 00:00+0200:
https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/man-sa...off-his-wrist/

No harm done. The victim just has to buy a news watch for an
infinitesimal fraction of the price of the original one, to get the same
features, i.e. get the time.

I don't think you understand why people buy such seriously overpriced
devices. It's not to tell the time. It's a form of conspicuous
consumption designed to impress your friends and associates. In other
words, bragging rights. Looking at the web pile, the only thing
unique about the Patek Phillipe watches is the hand finishing:
https://www.patek.com/en/company/savoir-faire
Now, if you really want a wris****ch suitable for impressing your
friends, I would think that a Cesium 133 standard would be best:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/846511652/the-worlds-first-true-atomic-wris****ch-the-cesium
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1376&bih=941&tbm=isch&q=wris****ch+atom ic+clock&oq=wris****ch+atomic+clock
Or, perhaps something more mechanical:
https://www.businessinsider.com/6-strange-expensive-watches-2014-11
or, just plain weird:
https://www.boredpanda.com/creative-watches
Personally, I prefer a more traditional sundial:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wrist+sundial&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D