Old December 16th 17, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default learn by destroying

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
:On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 19:23:37 +0100, Emanuel Berg
:wrote:

:Once there was a guy who had a bounce free
:hammer and I asked how it worked. He explained
:the little balls going up and down. I was
:terribly impressed by this. But then one day
:I used one myself and slammed it open and could
:see it all first hand. It was still a good
:answer but quite possibly that's the way he had
:found out as well. Somehow took the magic out
:of it.

:Perhaps you are thinking of a "dead blow hammer"?
:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_blow_hammer
:https://www.google.com/search?q=dead+blow+hammer&tbm=isch
:The good ones are full of tiny steel balls. The cheap junk uses sand.

I'm a big fan of the ones made by trusty-cook. I use the heck out of
my Model 3. I dn't know I've used it on a bike, but I've used the
smaller ones.

--
ASCII was good enough for יְהוֹשֻׁעַ!