Old March 14th 15, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default 0200 hrs Shimmy onset.

On 3/14/2015 5:43 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Went to the 24 hours store today at 0200. On the way back on a downhill run I hit an expansion crack on the road the bicycle began to shimmy really badly.

At first I thought I'd punctured. Got stopped safely and felt the tire. it was still hard. Checked the spokes and none were broken. Wiggled the rear rack to see if it was looses or broken. Nope but the rack did move. Took the light off the front and shone it at the bike. Oh BOY! Lookie here to see what caused that shimmy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/738325...n/photostream/

Really glad that the entire back end didn't come off!

I guess this bicycle goes to the scrap heap after I strip off all the usseable stuff.

Cheers

Yow. Yeah, that's pretty undesirable.

What kind of bike? How old?

--