Old July 2nd 18, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Making America into Amsterdam

On 7/2/2018 12:49 PM, Joerg wrote:

I lived over a pub for more than five years. While I never frequented
that particular one I never regretted living above it for one minute.
There were several more pubs within minutes walking.

When one of my best friends first married, he and his wife bought a
charming older house next to a pub. Except back then, those places were
called bars.

They sold it at a loss a few years later. They were tired of putting up
with loud music at night, police car lights flashing in their windows in
response to parking lot brawls, guys urinating in their yard, etc.

Maybe if the place was a "pub" instead of a "bar" it might have been
different. But then, what _is_ the difference?

--
- Frank Krygowski