Old August 12th 17, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Stress Analysis in the Design of Bicycle Infrastructure

On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 6:54:57 PM UTC-4, Joerg wrote:
Snipped

When I had to ride from where I lived in the Netherlands (Vaals) to
Maastricht I could pretty much set my 12-speed bike on the bike path,
put it in 12th gear and hammer those 20 miles. I did the same distance
here (Cameron Park to Folsom) yesterday for an errand. Aside from mixing
in with fast traffic at times which some potentially interested cyclists
don't like I also had to hack it across a dirt field for half a mile,
including crossing a muddy creek and lifting the bike over some low
fences. Hardly anyone would be willing to do the latter. On the way back
it was mostly along a county road with 55mph traffic, ok but not exactly
fun.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Lifting a bike over low fences? Sounds a lot like trespassing onto private land.

What is it with you that you have such difficulty riding where so mqany others ride without fear? Oh I know, a fw others share your fears and thus bicycvling is extremely dangerous.

But then again, thousands of others across the U.S.A. and Canada ride on rodes with 55 mph sopeed limits and they do it without fear or problems.

Cheers

Cheers