Old August 31st 17, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Jobst

On 8/31/2017 8:38 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7:52:43 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:

Hardly. In fact the South East Asian nations are very interested in
heir citizens welfare, likely because satisfied citizens rarely
revolt.

That's right but when push comes to shove let's see just what goes.

Thailand, for example, has universal health care. You go to a clinic,
pay 1/10th of the minimum daily salary and any and all treatment
proscribed by the doctor is free. And, of course if you are over 65 it
is completely free.

You're joking right? I have had over $18,000 in medical bills this year. Most of it paid for by insurance and every bit of it possible only because of modern medical instruments some of which I helped develop.

Are you telling me that a Thai can go to a clinic and have a $500,000 panoramic x-ray taken of his jaw? How many of these clinics are there? How many doctors trained in doing a sinus lift that requires donated bone material to achieve? That requires three different medications before and afterwards top stave off infections?

We have antobiotics in the USA that you can't even get in Europe and you're telling me that things are better than that in Thailand?

Singapore built low cost housing for their people. They brag that over
80% of Singapore's resident population reside in this housing and
about 90% of these resident households own their home.

Vietnam? Well, in the past three years the average income has
increased by nearly 30%.

Do you mean 30% more than nothing? Why don't you tell us all that the common Vietnamese isn't nothing more than a rice farmer now just as they were before the communists took over.

Tell me more about " looking out for the common man".

At what point did it became MY responsibility to make sure you took care of yourself?

You can't understand utterly disparate systems meaningfully
by looking at one price. For example the open billing rate
for a hospital MRI scan around here is $5~12,000 [1] and yet
there are independent (cash only) $400 MRI outfits which are
profitable.

[1] Governments and insurers demand 80/90 percent off
'list'. The list numbers are basically meaningless and exist
only to set up the 'discount' contracts such that the net is
unchanged after discount. Unless you are a cash customer, in
which case they are ridiculous.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/