Old March 24th 21, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Biden Falls Down Multiple Times

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:34:39 PM UTC, Roger Merriman wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 11:56:14 PM UTC, Roger Merriman wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 10:09:07 AM UTC-7, Roger Merriman wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 5:43:02 PM UTC, Roger Merriman wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...e-one-n2586562

This is what the Donkey Party did to make America the world leader in
elder abuse. How do you plead, Jay Beattie?

Seems to be the plane and speed that they walk up it, so they can turn and
wave, number of clips of different folks who have done similar including
Mike Pence, considering the age of most it’s frankly surprising there isn’t
more!

Roger Merriman.

Mike Pence looks pretty fit, but Joe Biden looks "starved for appearance"
like he's hollowed out from the inside. I must admit thought that, before
the 2016 election campaign, I wouldn't have chosen Donald Trump as my bet
in a fitness campaign. Maybe I've just too many friends in the medical
profession who're given to tapping total strangers on the midriff and
telling them to slack off the carbs and crank up the exercise. -- AJ

Talking of Trump most impressive really would be Melania, who managed it in
heels and clutching a handbag!

What do you suppose has more traction - men's dress shoes that have a
smooth leather bottoms or a woman's heals that are designed specifically
to have a LOT of traction?

While dress shoes are indeed a bit slippy, stilettos being grippy is a bit
of push to be honest!

Generally folks who where them tend say good for looking gorgeous but not
walking or even standing!

Roger Merman

.
I agree with Tom. Check the angle of that staircase; consider its
ergonomics. Women's high heels may have huge pressure under the small
area of the heel, but in this case it is irrelevant because the angle of
the stairway encourages both men and women to walk up it on the balls of
their feet, with the heel very likely not coming into play. In that case,
I'd rather have the front part of a woman's shoe, with rubber, perhaps
ribbed or treaded, under me, than slippery men's plain leather.

Andre Jute
If only Dr Kinsey were alive today!

In the clip I’ve seen at least she was walking down it, but either way the
soles of stilettos as apposed to purely heeled shoes, are smooth though not
leather, and yes gripper than the leather soles of a dress shoe, but a long
way from grippy!

It’s why you can buy grippy soles, to be added etc.

Which is fair as most folks are going to sit/stand in them, rather than
walk in them for any length of time.

Roger Merman

..
The Vibram tm on the soles of the best hillwalking boots I ever had were pretty nearly smooth yet still worked brilliantly in situations where grip was an existential requirement. But I'm afraid that just about exhausts my knowledge of shoe-sole materials. I always took one of the really committed climbers with me when I bought gear, and on the whole was well served by buying what he considered aspirational, especially when I took my turn on the rescue helicopter, from which you could be dropped into the sort of situation that you would never otherwise put yourself into. After a life of bizarre events, I'm probably alive because I'm cautious to the verge of cowardice. To return to Biden's tumbles, if I were the commander-in-chief, I'd tell the Air Force, whose planes those presidential flights are, to get stairways more considerate of my age and dignity, or, even more suitable to both, a mechanical hoist from which I can just walk through the door of the plane. -- AJ