Old November 19th 15, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default BICYCLE CENTRAL WEATHER REPORT

On 11/19/2015 9:38 AM, jbeattie wrote:

To be fair, my dyno light is pretty bright at a walking pace. I have no

problem with the amount of light it produces when riding MUPs, it's the
beam cut-off on undulating path, which also makes it hard to see walkers.
If I were riding the Springwater Corridor -- which is flat and straight --
a dyno would be just fine.

How is your headlight mounted? Is it not possible to reach down and
tilt it upward if necessary?

I do that occasionally if, e.g., the headlight on my folder gets bumped
and is pointing too low. I've done it with other bikes when I've
installed a new light, because it takes a little trial and error to get
the light pointed just as I want.

It should be no big deal. I mount my lights to their brackets by using a
5mm allen screw with a nylock nut. It's easy to have it tight enough to
be stable, but loose enough to adjust on the fly.

--
- Frank Krygowski