Old April 30th 18, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tanguy Ortolo

Default Cycling, or not, in Paris

AMuzi, 2018-04-27 22:32+0200:
http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Famed-...SJU5JmJpf.html

Cycling in Paris, yes, but with your own bike.

Just one thing though: this article suggests that Paris' bike sharing
system was a pioneer, but actually Lyon (France's second largest city),
installed such a system before Paris did.

I have seen interesting things while these bike sharing systems have
been developing. They really increased the number of cyclists, including
some people that were obviously not used to it, and in turn, forced car
drivers to take them into account. I have also seen some shared bikes
with interesting design, such as shaft-based drivetrains, or single
blade forks.

--
Tanguy