Old May 4th 18, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Thoughtful non-cyclist of the day

Today this cyclist was in my car because it was suitable for the journey
in hand - another errand today was suitable for the bike. I was in a
stop start queue when a non-cylist in a panzer suddenly barged out of a
driveway causing a woman with a pushchair to take a step back and then
blocked the pavement. Luckily it wasn't an elderly pedestrian that could
have fallen backwards - like my mother-in-law a few years ago. (Oh, hang
on, it is supposed to be impossible for licenced, registered, taxed and
insured non-cyclists to do this. But if it turns out to be not
impossible, being licenced, registered, taxed and insured somehow makes
it alright.)

Anyway, rather than opening a gap to let the non-cyclist out, as usual
courtesy in a queue, this cyclist moved forward with the queue to block
her way. I felt no need to use my horn to scream at the non-cyclist,
because the ears of the woman and child were not protected by layers of
German steel andinsulation. Said non-cyclist then reversed back to let
the woman past.

It's always good to upset a non-cyclist without consuming any of my own
time over it.