Old September 17th 10, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Why wooden rims are superior to carbon fibre reinforced plastic rims

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:06:35 -0700 (PDT), James
wrote:

On Sep 17, 4:20*am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
On Sep 16, 12:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

I'm really surprised that we don't see more wood in bicycles.

Can you even get wood?

Yes. http://www.renovobikes.com/

Had I been able to test ride one I would have been tempted to buy one,
just to shove it up the carbon toting packs at the vets racing.

How about an all wood bicycle? No epoxy required:
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/01/boy_builds_bicycle_entirely_ou.php

Wood frame concept bicycle:
http://2009.gp.co.at/works/jano/
More, with photos of other strange wood bicycles:
http://2009.gp.co.at/stayfocused/jano/downloads/jano_thesis_screen96dpi.pdf

and mo
http://www.bmeres.com
http://www.woodbike.com