Old May 22nd 12, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Default dt swiss rims

On May 21, 5:55*pm, "mark cleary" wrote:
I want to build a wheelset and mayb use Dt Swiss 450 or 465s with a 415 in
on the front. Seems the 450s and way cheaper and are pinned rather than
wielded. I need some good opinions on if I pinned or wielded, make a huge
difference. *I can get the 450s for less than 1/2 the price of 465 or a 415
on the front. Seems the thought is wield are slight better. I take opinions
fire away.

Deacon Mark Cleary
Epiphany Catholic Church

I've got the 450 on my rear wheel. It built up easily, and it is
staying true at 100-110kfg with linseed oil spoke goop, and I beat it
pretty hard, and I weigh about 200lbs. Pinned or welded makes no
practical difference so long as the seam is reasonably straight. I
don't remember any problems with the seam on the 450. It hasn't
cracked at the spoke holes, but I've only put 500 or so miles on it.

-- Jay Beattie.