Old August 5th 04, 03:07 PM
CowPunk

Default Don't make Lance Mad

That is really nasty. I would understand his reaction, but then a few
moments (if that) later I would remember that it was not Kloden that spit at
me. Also, maybe Lance needs to spend a little more time with the real
cycling legends to see what they had to endure.

It was either Eddie M. or Bernard H., who made the comment "NO GIFTS" and
applauded lance after beating Kloden in the sprint. They were quite
happy that he choose to sprint instead of just letting Kloden win.
If LA has any fault, it's that he has shown mercy on the peloton and
given too many stage victories away. ie. Ivan Basso

AFAIK, Lance has never had a
finger touch him nor has he ever been impeded (unless you count the 10 year
old that was holding the bag he ran in to last year). Look at what has
happened to guys like Belli, Guerini, (not to mention Eddy) etc. I guess a
lot of Lance-o-files never notice how many damn negative stories he has to
tell about the Tour and his competitors, fans and so on. If you want to hear
about a hero, he will talk about himself forever and a day (or at least
enough for a few books). He sure does not like people much.

Maybe you need to visit Childrens Hospital in Dallas and talk to some
cancer patients?