Old April 27th 21, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default I am that out of date

On Monday, April 26, 2021 at 8:58:50 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 19:09:36 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

Many times you can just screw the pedal back in, although I screw
it back in with thread lock and recommended torque because recommended
torque alone may not be enough to keep it in.
-- Jay Beattie.

The forward rotation of the pedals should keep the pedal in place
(unless one likes to pedal backwards).

I suggest Tom try several turns of Teflon tape. If there are any
threads left, the PTFE tape should fill in the gaps, cold flow into
any voids, and center the spindle thread centered. However, I'm not
sure how long such a fix will last if the threads are excessively
stripped out.

Another benefit is that with PTFE tape, you can probably extract the
pedal and try again with more tape, a bigger wrench, or a different
method.
--
Jeff Liebermann
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272

That's another good solution, and its good for pedal creaking.

-- Jay Beattie.