Old April 15th 08, 06:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking,misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living
PeteSig[_2_]

Default Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters and sidewalks

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 02:40:23 GMT, "PeteSig"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message :

That way I dont have to worry
about some spandexed ****for brains on a $5000 hitech geewhiz bicycle
running a red light and me adding him to the collection of dead birds,
road kill, bugs and so forth already stuck in the grill of my truck.

Btw...because yall ride a bike, makes you no more and no less special
than any other form of transporation and hardly makes you immune to
the laws of physics. Not to mention the Vehicle Code.....

Yes, the vehicle code.....

Maybe the code is different in the USA, but we have that bit about
"overtaking vehicles to keep clear"

Can bicyclists run red lights as well in your neck of the woods, and
are immune to all rights of way and so forth?

Not at all. However I was referring to the problems drivers seemed to have
with the OP in overtaking him on a bridge with 2 lanes to choose from. Over
here, overtaking vehicles are required to keep clear.

Are they not in the USA?

--
Cheers
Peter