Old August 15th 12, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Hit & run cyclist injures elderly woman on pavement

On 15/08/2012 17:09, pensive hamster wrote:
On Aug 14, 8:00 pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 14/08/2012 13:39, pensive hamster wrote:
On Aug 14, 12:48 am, Dave - Cyclists VOR

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."

Is the photo below an example of the kind of people who barely
recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of transport, for whom
cycling is a bit embarrassing, who fail to see its purpose, and who
have no interest in integrating it into their
lives? Friends of yours?

http://pointlessbanter.net/wp-conten...atanorexia.jpg
http://preview.tinyurl.com/ygqrc79

Is that the only response you have to the scientific research carried
out by acyclist?

No, I have other responses.

Biology . any behavior of a living organism that results from an
external or internal stimulus.

You posted what seems to be a selective and rather misleading quote
from an interim assessment, so I made an initial response to your
selective and misleading quote, partly in order to judge your
comprehension skills, if any.

Do you comprehend the meaning of the terms 'selective', 'misleading',
and 'interim'?

I do, but it seems you don't. There is nothing 'selective' or
'misleading' about the research at all. That you find it contradicts
what you would like to believe is your problem.

Do you have any answer to my initial questions about the kind of
people who barely recognise the bicycle as a legitimate mode of
transport?

You mean your rather pathetic attempt at humour?

Do you find cycling a bit embarrassing?

I think cyclists are an embarrassment to themselves. The general public
think so too. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing".

Grown men riding children's toys? Clad in fluorescent lycra?

Do you get any
exercise?

Plenty thank you. BTW - cycling isn't the only form of exercise
available. In fact it's not even a very good form of exercise.

Face the facts.

Which facts would you like me to face?

The facts that the general public think cyclists are poor or strange,
and an embarrassment.