Old November 6th 17, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default NY bike path mayhem

On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 11:39:36 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

You can release a wrongfully convicted person from
prison and make some restitution to them, but you cannot release someone
from the grave.

You can't un-kill anybody, it's true, but you also can't un-torture
people who have been kept in cages for years. You can't even pay back
a fine unless it was such a small fine that it didn't hurt.

The only reason for opposing "death penalty" is that we the people
can't delegate authority that we don't have. We are entitled to kill
in self-defense, if we haven't time to think of a better way to defend
ourselves, but we aren't entitled to kill someone who is safely caged
and can't harm anyone without the consent of his jailors.

follow up set to rec.bicycles.misc

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net