Old March 21st 05, 10:17 AM
greggery peccary

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

This is my first posting to this newsgroup. Let me also mention that I
like bikes, but I am not a pro... I ride my bike for fun (work schedule
permitting, of course).

Since it's the time that I replace my 12-year bike, I stopped at Costco
in Dallas and checked out the mountain bikes. I liked a dual suspension
Cephas Fever 7.7 TG mountain bike with 21-speed Shimano gears,
thumb-shift, RST front suspension, FormulaAero spoke wheels, etc. for
$199.99.

I know that this is not the coolest and the lightest bike out there,
but I feel that it would be sufficient to satisfy my needs.

Does anybody out there know anything about this bike? I can not find
anything related to it on the Web.

Thank you all!

:-)

i dont like full suspension bikes, even on hard core trails. a front shock
is great for butter-churn rocky roads (and avoid carpal-tunnel wrist pain),
but IMO the only thing a full suspension bike can do for you is take away
all of the energy you spend pushing the pedals. i think there are a lot of
good condition "hard tail" bikes out there for cheap, see a recent post by
maxo "my new $8 rockhopper".
-alan