Old October 24th 05, 05:48 PM
hippy

Default Blame the faulty drivers of dangerous machinery. 4WDs most dangerouson road

On 2005-10-24, aeek (aka Bruce)
I have the utmost respect for the 4WD I encountered on Saturday.
I was following this sedan towing trailer, 80 on an interesting 100
road.
Then some cyclists just before a crest curve. Doofus HAD to

overtake,
blind.
Fortunately the oncoming 4WD (a 'real' one) gave everyone space
by putting the left wheels onto the grass.

A Smart in the hands of an idiot is more dangerous than a

Landcruiser
in the hands of a responsible driver fully aware of the limitations

of
their vehicle.

That is correct. And Tam is possibly still with us (or *is* she?),
thanks to a 4WDer who slowed down and let her in when the bus did that
enormously stupid manouvre.

They do exist, but you do have to be more careful in a 4WD in the
city, than other cars. And a good number of drivers of said really
aren't any more skilled than their normal passenger vehicle driving
cousins.
[/color]

On the way to *cough* work, I had a bus driver wave me around him on
the outside today! What a nice bloke! Then we both hit the same red
light. Doh! I shook my head and we shared a smile. This is London
though so bikes move faster than most other traffic in town.

On the way back (all kitted out with new bike courier goodies!) I
nearly took down a ped at 30kph. I'd just moved from the right lane to
the center lane, in behind a bus, when she stepped in front of me
'just' as the bus passed her. It wasn't a ped crossing, the silly bitch
just assumed there was nothing behind the bus. I just missed her. If I
hit her she could've been killed. If I swerved into something I
could've been killed. I fscking hate pedestrians over here. They are
more of a danger than the cars!

hippy
dreading 9am-6pm tomorrow

--