Old July 9th 09, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Cully J

Default The looks, the feeling of being odd, .. how to overcome?

On Jul 7, 9:07*pm, "Clyde Henpecker" wrote:
I'm off tomorrow for a couple of weeks of riding ..

I am almost 60, not some young buck. *I love riding my bicycle,
going off touring.

What I do not like is the "why are you doing this" question..
The looks, the asides..

How do ya overcome.. what is a good answer ?

I'd counter with the question, "Why aren't YOU doing it?".

Just keep cycling, and ignore all of the naysayers. I'm sure, in the
future, they'll be cycling too...

Cullen