Old March 2nd 11, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

Default What Right-Wing Governance Does For Cycling

On 3/1/2011 8:26 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° wrote:
See http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/hotnews/newsdisplay.asp?NewsID=4894.
Remember to thank the budget priorities of upper class tax cuts and
subsidies, when your favorite rural riding routes change from pavement
to road bike unfriendly aggregate surfacing.

I assume Iowa crooks are similar to Illinois:

http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.c...a-in-2010.html

and Wisconsin:

http://www.franklinnow.com/blogs/com.../98603114.html [...]

The secret "they" do not want you to know is that lower and middle class
wages are set by the market [1], and go up and down at about the same
rate as tax increases and cuts. Therefore, lower and middle class
worker end up with about the same after-tax income with tax cuts, but
reductions in government services. However, the upper class wage
earners greatly increase their incomes with tax cuts.

The second secret "they" do not want you to know is that the hypothesis
of upper class tax cuts stimulating the economy has been proven false in
practice. The extra upper class income is not used for capital
investments, since the shifting of the overall share of income to the
rich depresses demand for goods and services. Instead, the rich mostly
use the extra income in de-facto gambling on Wall Street, and similar
unproductive activities.

[1] Upper class wages are typically set by the "You scratch my back and
I'll scratch yours" system.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.