Old August 4th 03, 03:22 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Q. Will I benefit from different tire size or type?

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 17:50:48 GMT, OliverS
wrote:
However, knobbies take a bit toll on efficiency -- my guess based on my
personal performance experienc (somewhat subjective to be sure) about
25%.

The exception to that rule being knobbies with a centerline.
Such tires tend to be okay, and are often designed to turn
pretty well on pavement too.

Still, you're much better off with a slick or even a
semi-slick, and there's no reason whatsoever to use
a knobby unless you're doing moderate-to-heavy off-road
riding -- more than just dirt paths, grass, and unpaved
sections.

--
Rick Onanian