Old March 26th 17, 07:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights forBicycles.

On 3/25/2017 9:19 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 8:19:41 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 3/25/2017 2:13 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I emphasized the word 'old' because I'm pretty certain that the judge gave the payout he did due to her age and to where the injury was located.

Wow, how are you certain of that?

The reality is that she got the payout because McDonald's was negligent
and admitted as much.

"During discovery, McDonalds produced documents showing more than 700
claims by people burned by its coffee between 1982 and 1992. Some claims
involved third-degree burns substantially similar to Liebecks. This
history documented McDonalds' knowledge about the extent and nature of
this hazard."

A deep pockets firm like McDonalds probably as 700 claims from people claiming
their french fries are too sharp. They'll say they stabbed themselves in the
eye with a french fry.

Have you done a double-blind study on that with a statistically
significant sample?