Old February 22nd 18, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Ouch. This happened to me once

On 2/21/2018 5:23 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 12:14:58 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Which is the same effect as your message that "Roads are dangerous,
don't ride a bike until you have a separate bike path."

You guys have pounded on Joerg's mistakes until they are welded to his
soul. One can't possibly change an opinion that is a key part of
one's identity.

For every Joerg, there are many lurkers. I suspect the lurkers learn
from these discussions. That makes Joerg a useful tool.

And besides, I've seen other refractory characters change their
attitudes. Steven M. Scharf has written volumes here and elsewhere about
how dynamo lights can never be adequate for safety. Now he admits he's
got them on some of his family bikes. He's now even arguing strongly in
favor of a tiny, barely visible blinky driven by a spoke magnet - in
effect, an intermittent, super-low-power dynamo.

--
- Frank Krygowski