Old February 28th 18, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default The lone 26er in a forest full of 29ers and 27.5ers

On 2/28/2018 1:58 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/28/2018 1:44 PM, jbeattie wrote:

As a society, we used to have a reasonable perspective on
pets. We didn't have a neurotic attachment to dogs as some
sort of furry Xanax.

Or some sort of furry beast that needs Xanax. See
http://dogaware.com/articles/wdjanxiety.html

I know a guy who began dating a rather quirky woman. The
woman sort of gradually moved into his house, something he
should not have let happen. Among her many quirks, she loved
dogs and felt it was her mission in life to rescue one from
the local pound. She "rescued" a _large_ dog with many
problems.

Well: The guy was forced to build a large pen for the large
dog, because it wasn't really controllable, despite being on
Xanax or Prosac or some such thing. And eventually, despite
the pills, the dog attacked the guys dear granddaughters.

Soon after that, the dog was gone. And not much later, the
woman was gone too.

Oh, women then.

I met an old friend, an active cyclist in her late-70s, for
breakfast in January. She walked into the diner with a
yapping little demon and I gave her The Stare, asking, 'A
dog in a restaurant?' as the clientele and my beloved
waitresses quietly tried not to overreact.

She very loudly exclaimed that she had paid a doctor $100
for a certificate so she can go just anywhere with it.
Needless to say I'll miss her company.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/