Old March 31st 18, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default High visibility law yields no improvement in safety

On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 11:48:52 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 11:23:18 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
https://www.bikebiz.com/news/hivis-compulsion-study

--
- Frank Krygowski

The article says "The study did not evaluate the clothing used by those involved in crashes." So I'm not sure what is being studied in this article.. My state recently had a high visibility law proposed. It was defeated, or not voted on. It was for cyclists to wear high visibility, reflective clothing, at ALL times, day and night.

From the article:
"The Italian wear-reflectives-at-night-law is poorly enforced and therefore largely ignored. The study did not evaluate the clothing used by those involved in crashes."

That leaves another Krygowski nothingburger. Perhaps he thought we'd read his deceptive headline and pass on without checking the article. I don't know how Franki-boy can fall victim to that sort of dumb wishful thinking every time.

AJ
Come on, Franki-boy! Tell us what that leaves.