Old September 16th 05, 10:39 AM
Blonde

Default Critical Mass - productive campaign to promote cycling or...

Steve W wrote:
Hey, Mr Duck

"The very fact that they choose the one day of the week when all the
real cyclistos are out on TT's or Audax runs,proves that they are all
posers"

Please don't think that us "non racers" are not real!

I agree! I don't race either, or do TTs. I do audax at weekends, and I
cycle every single day of the week, rain or shine, summer and
throughout the winter. I think that makes me as much a 'real' cyclist
as anyone else.

I think the Critical Mass may help to raie the profile of cycling and
raise awareness amongst non-cyclists, so any support is a good thing,
surely? Perhaps they have chosen Friday evenings, as they want to raise
awareness, rather than annoying non-cyclists by causing disruption to
people getting to work on, say, a Monday morning, which might be
counter productive. It's a difficult balance!