Old June 29th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default I invented Finite Element Analysis

"Earl" wrote in message
. ..
Donald Munro wrote:

The virtual internet was invented by al gore.

Why is it this myth won't die?

Gore to receive Internet lifetime achievement award
PT May 5, 2005
NEW YORK - Al Gore may have been lampooned for taking credit in the
Internet's development, but organizers of the Webby Awards for online
achievements don't find it funny at all.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7746308/

The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading,
out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with
Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to
describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic
presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied
(in part): "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet..."
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

--
Snippy the Boobilator, Internet Madman