Old June 30th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default I invented Finite Element Analysis

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dumbasses -

More specifically, Gred Lemond and I invented Finite Element Analysis.
I can't take all the credit, especially since he's the one who showed
me the Virtue of Virtual accomplishments.

Too bad Trek and all those Taiwanese clone bicycle makers stole the
idea from us and marketed it to the aerospace, automobile and high rise
construction industries. *******s.

Ok, Ok, all joking aside.

While the rest of Greg's GAN team mates were resting, eating, getting a
rubdown after another stage in the TdF Greg would be in there recovering
after the stage as well, but he would also be working with Algor Inc.
helping them with their FEA automatic midplane meshing CAD program.

Funny how it was 1994 that Algor Inc. was to launch their
four-node (quadrilateral) finite element mesh engine.

Ok, so Greg stepped off his bike on stage 6 on the Cote des Loges-
Marchis, kilometer number 183 from the start in Cherbourg and ended
his bid at the '94 TdF.

(side note) one day I hope to go to the 183 km point from Cherbourg
and stand on that spot on the ol Loges-Marchis and think of Greg.

I don't know who was more sad and empty that day: Otto Jacome,
Julien DeVriese, or me.

Not Lance nor any other tour rider will ever be able to say:

"I helped pioneer the first 3-D solid mesh CAD engine that creates
eight-node brick interior solid elements (hexahedrals) from a surface
mesh of four-node surface elements (Hexagen)".

And then those damn Taiwanese "tourists" book into the La Quinta
Motor Inn in Reno at about the same time that funny stuff was going
on at the Giant bicycles plant in Heredia, Costa Rica.

Someone at either the the Pittsburgh or London division of
Algor Inc. knows something what really happened with Greg,
and I'm going to find out!