Old January 31st 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default What would a 2006 Schwinn Varsity look like (if done right)?

Well... I never thought I'd say this, but I think the frame should be
aluminum. The bike will be outside more than inside. I also think the
drivetrain should use an internal hub, less danger at the bike rack,
cleaner too. Finally I think there should be a dynamo hub. Light is
important, this is a commuter/utility machine. A Surly could do it all,
but if you're looking at a budget, I'm not sure how you beat a Breezer.