Old June 10th 19, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Scraping the notes

At the bottom of the first page of my notes on Tue 4 June 2019: "AG:
overtaken stop pedal".

At the time, that was enough to remind me of what I meant to write
about being overtaken by a larger vehicle, but right now all I can
remember is that it's often a good idea to stop pedalling once it's on
your left so as to shorten the time spent beside it.

There's a lot more to it, but it's pushing bedtime and I'm not very
bright. Perhaps I'll open my training diary and transcribe the notes
that have been accumulating for a couple of months.

At least I've been geting out! The roads were slick the whole winter;
writing notes faster than I can process them is a real luxury.

Reminds me of the cellphone discussion raging over on bikes.tech -- I
write the time at every stop, except when I forget, so I consult my
cellphone frequently on every ride. Writing the time was originally
part of a scheme to get my top speed above five miles per hour, but I
haven't had time to calculate my speeds recently.

I also use the phone to reassure my spouse that I'm not lying in a
ditch waiting for a road crew to notice my red scarf and tell their
dispatcher to call for an ambulance.

I think maybe the scar is less lumpy than it was before I started
rubbing Vitamin-E oil on it. Pity I didn't take a close-up photograph
before I started.

(People in cars couldn't see into the ditch. The guys in the high
truck could.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net